After taking my Eeepc away on a trip to Italy, I’m now starting to work out what applications I need and don’t need. The following is what I’m actually using (or am keeping because I think I might need them):
- Gedit and Terminal (with which I can do most things)
- Evolution (yes, I use Evolution on a tiny laptop and it works for me)
- Emapthy (for IM – it’s the future so I thought I’d start using it now)
- OpenOffice.org (for presentations and reading documents sent to me)
- VLC & Rhythmbox (for the growing collection of media on my spare SD card)
Apart from that, I don’t use anything graphical, and I’ve also got rid of anything that requires a CD drive, or bluetooth, or anything that the Eeepc doesn’t actually have.
Now to think about streamlining my other computers and also investigating why my external keyboard died half way through this post.